About CH4 Tables Excel Add-In
The CH4 Tables Excel Add-In library calculates 29 thermodynamic and transport properties of methane.
It allows 11 different combinations of input variables to be used for calculations.
Input variables that can be used are:
- 1 Pressure
- 2 Temperature
- 3 Enthalpy
- 4 Entropy
- 5 Volume
- 6 Internal energy
- 7 Quality (vapor mass fraction)
The library is fully integrated in Excel, and available functions can be used in the same way as any other Excel function.
Main features of the library:
- Professional quality, industrial strength software, proven in real world applications
- Based on the formulation for advanced technical applications
- License includes 32 bit and 64 bit version of the library
- Create User Defined Functions (UDF) which use CH4Tables functions
- Developed in C++ for maximum speed, thoroughly tested for accuracy
- Easy to install and easy to use
- One year free technical support
The following figure shows a sample spreadsheet included in the download package.
CH4Tables Excel Add-In - Sample calculations in Excel
For thermodynamic properties the library uses new industrial formulation for methane, formulated in Helmholtz energy. It is intended to be used for advanced technical applications.
Equation of state was presented in:
- "Equations of State for Technical Applications" by R. Span and W. Wagner, International Journal of Thermophysics, Vol.24, No.1, January 2003
For transport properties the library uses equations presented in:
- "Thermophysical Properties of Methane" by Daniel G. Friend, James F. Ely, and Hepburn Ungham, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Vol. 18, No. 2, 1989
Operating system Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10.
Excel 2007 / 2010 (32 bit & 64 bit) / 2013 (32 bit & 64 bit) / 2016 (32 bit & 64 bit) / 2019 (32 bit & 64 bit) / 365 desktop (32 bit & 64 bit).
Installation and use of the library requires standard user privileges or better.
The following thermodynamic and transport properties can be calculated with CH4Tables Excel Add-In:
|Calculable properties in SI or E units - CH4Tables Excel Add-In v3.1|
| 1|| Pressure|
| 2|| Temperature|
| 3|| Density|
| 4|| Specific volume|
| 5|| Specific enthalpy|
| 6|| Specific entropy|
| 7|| Specific internal energy|
| 8|| Specific isobaric heat capacity|
| 9|| Specific isochoric heat capacity|
| 10|| Speed of sound|
| 11|| Isentropic exponent|
| 12|| Specific Helmholtz free energy|
| 13|| Specific Gibbs free energy|
| 14|| Compressibility factor|
| 15|| Quality [vapor mass fraction]|
| 16|| Isobaric volume expansion coefficient|
| 17|| Isothermal compressibility|
| 18|| Partial derivative (dV/dT)p|
| 19|| Partial derivative (dV/dP)T|
| 20|| Partial derivative (dP/dT)v|
| 21|| Partial derivative (dP/dV)T|
| 22|| Isothermal Joule-Thomson coefficient|
| 23|| Joule-Thomson coefficient|
| 24|| Melting pressure|
| 25|| Dynamic viscosity|
| 26|| Kinematic viscosity|
| 27|| Thermal conductivity|
| 28|| Thermal diffusivity|
| 29|| Prandtl number|
Range of Validity
The entire set of equations used by the CH4Tables Excel Add-In library, is defined by the following temperature and pressure range:
- 90.7 K < = T < = 623 K
- 0 < = p < = 100 MPa
The following screenshots demonstrate how to use the library, it's a 4 step process.
1.(a) Start Excel and press the "Insert Function" toolbar button.
1.(b) Alternatively, start Excel and press the "Insert Function" menu item.
2. Select a CH4Tables library (SI or English units).
3. Select a function and press the OK button.
4. Enter input parameters and press the OK button.
NOTE: You don't have to put quotes around the property ID, they are inserted automatically.
That's it, the result will be displayed in the selected cell.
The setup program will automatically install the library in Excel.
To install the library successfully you must have at least standard user privileges on your computer.
The built-in ZIP support on Windows 10 is buggy and sometimes cannot open a valid (not empty) zip file.
Use 7-zip (free and open source) or some other reliable program for zip file processing.
CH4Tables Excel Add-In library
For Excel 2007 / 2010 (32 bit) / 2013 (32 bit) / 2016 (32 bit) / 2019 (32 bit) / 365 desktop (32 bit)
- Download CH4Tables Excel Add-In version (3.1) - demo (32 bit)
CH4Tables Excel Add-In library
For Excel 2010 (64 bit) / 2013 (64 bit) / 2016 (64 bit) / 2019 (64 bit) / 365 desktop (64 bit)
- Download CH4Tables Excel Add-In version (3.1) - demo (64 bit)
Quick reference documents
- List of available properties in CH4Tables Excel Add-In
- List of available functions in CH4Tables Excel Add-In
Prices subject to change without notice!
A license includes 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the library.
|CH4Tables Excel Add-In version 3.1|
|1-4 licenses||USD 399.95 per copy|
|5-20 licenses||USD 349.95 per copy|
|21 > licenses||USD 324.95 per copy|
|Company wide license||USD 9995.00|
Each license also includes the following:
- One year free e-mail technical support
- One year free minor version updates if available (for example 3.2, 3.x up to, but not including version 4.0)
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact sales. Contact information is provided on the following page: Contact Us
- (opens in a new tab)
For quick access to the CH4Tables Excel Add-In, you may purchase and download our product using automated and secure online ordering system.
After ordering, you will receive a notification mail with further instructions for how to download and install the software.
The Registration includes a free subscription program. Each Registered user will be receiving bug fixes and technical support for the registered version within one year.
Shipping by the postal mail is not available.
How to order
1. Internet ordering
Available ordering options (open an order form to select):
- Credit Card (Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, Discover®)
To buy a specific number of licenses for the CH4Tables Excel Add-In click the button: .
To purchase a Company Wide License contact sales. Contact information is provided on the following page:
Contact Us - (opens in a new tab)
2. Bank Direct Payment
If you prefer to pay for the product by "Bank Direct Payment", contact sales. Contact information is provided on the following page: Contact Us
- (opens in a new tab)