About Steam 97 Excel Add-In
The Steam97 Excel Add-In library calculates 30 thermodynamic and transport properties
of water and steam in SI and English units. It allows 16 different combinations of input variables to
be used for calculations.
Input variables that can be used are:
- internal energy,
- and steam quality.
The library is fully integrated in Excel, and available functions can be used in the same way as any other Excel function.
Main features of the library:
- Professional quality, industrial strength software;
- Based on the international standard formulation;
- Accurate and thoroughly tested;
- Developed in C++ for maximum speed;
- Extend the library with User Defined Functions (UDF);
- Call Steam97 functions from VBA (samples are included in the release version);
- Easy to install and easy to use;
- For installation and use of the library no administrator rights required;
- After installation no computer restart required;
- One year free technical support.
The following figure shows a sample spreadsheet included in the download package.
Steam 97 Excel Add-In - Sample calculations in Excel
The library uses new industrial formulation for steam tables, called "IAPWS Industrial Formulation
1997 for the Thermodynamic Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS-IF97)"
, and replaces
the previous industrial formulation for steam tables, IFC-67.
IAPWS-IF97 improves significantly both accuracy and speed of the calculation of
the thermodynamic properties compared with the old formulation.
For transport properties calculations are based on the latest internationally accepted
equations also available from IAPWS.
The Steam97 Excel Add-In libraries cannot be shipped to a third party as a part of your VBA application.
If you need a royalty free library please refer to the Steam97 ActiveX DLL.